Monday, May 9, 2016

Struggling a Bit Here

JUST LOOK AT ALL THAT CREEPING CHARLIE.
I thought it passe to be concerned about the looks of my lawn. I let two years pass, at first carelessly, and then with mild concern, as I watched the charlie spread through my lawn, nose its way into my raised beds, and appear anew in places unsuitable to its growth preferences. Was I wrong to have done nothing? We know a little sleep, a little slumber, a little folding of the hands to rest - and charlie will come upon you like a thief, and weeds like an armed man.
Well, here I am, in the weeds. Bellflower too! I could almost wish for a morning glory problem instead of this. I am weeding full weekends when I could be expanding my backyard plot, or even going for a walk and not gardening. The sun has appeared dark to my eyes and I face despair - and so soon after the Lord's Pascha! Weeds are like the sin and temptation that threatens our strength of soul, so we must pluck them out in early spring - only for them to return redoubled in a short time and obliterate our plans to put down a few Kuri Squash and a row of Amish Paste Romas back there.
Isn't that just the way it is; still no wedding garment after all these (10!) years.

No comments:

Post a Comment